Monkey Island 5?
Comments

Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Monkey Island wiki Posted by: Dalixam | Comments (26)
Today we reveal our biggest 10th year anniversary celebration as we launch the Monkey Island wiki! A wiki is an online encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Hande, Ryback, Haggis, Paco, and myself have been busy for over six months getting the wiki ready, but Hande deserves a special thank you as he has contributed most of the main articles and spent a lot of time making sure the MIwiki had a lot of useful info, but I'm of course grateful to all. It's still far from done though, and this is where you come in.

We hope that users of the community will find this an exciting, interesting, and fun project and wants to contribute to it. Maybe you find the article for Guybrush is missing something or the Ron Gilbert article is too short and you know just what to add. Then head over there, make an account, and start editing. If you're unfamiliar with wikis there's a useful help section which explain the different syntaxes used in the wiki, how to make text bold, italic, etc.

If you have a lot of great ideas and want to help shape the look and usefulness of the MIwiki and you're interested in becoming part of the MIwiki moderator team, then send me an email and tell me why you want to be a moderator. All we ask is that you're interested in the MIwiki and willing to spend at least some hours each week on it.

Remember. you don't need to be a moderator to contribute to the wiki :)

Either way, check out the Monkey Island wiki at www.miwiki.net and have fun.
We hope you'll like it!

Comment by: J.Alberto @ 13:03, Sunday, January 27, 2008
Fantastic information, absolutely ;)

Comment by: Tam-tam-ta @ 12:15, Thursday, January 3, 2008
Wonderful job, guys, I started added some info myself now. It needs a lot of work to make it even better than it is now. Coz it is. Awesome!

Comment by: PirateScumm @ 22:03, Wednesday, December 26, 2007
It's purdy...

Comment by: GamerErman @ 10:12, Monday, December 24, 2007
This is great! Good website, we need more Wikis as good as that one.

Comment by: geddes @ 19:07, Sunday, December 23, 2007
Woo. Just put a link into the wikipedia monkey island page to this wiki. Seemed to make sense.

Comment by: Haggis @ 19:49, Friday, December 21, 2007
No worries. :)

Comment by: Fearless Flying Monkey @ 19:26, Friday, December 21, 2007
@Haggis, oh I was judging on what you said in the post when he released the images, apologies.

Comment by: McPirate @ 18:47, Friday, December 21, 2007
What a great new feature.
Now I don't have to have alot of papers all over the place for monkey island related stuff.
And I'll try to put up my notes (if I can find them)

One intersting thing about this is that this site hopefully will give a hightened interest in the source of some claims. Like the one about guyrbrush's name coming from DPaint. Where did that original claim come from?

Comment by: Haggis @ 13:46, Friday, December 21, 2007
@FFM: They were related to the movie (as opposed to a Monkey Island 5), and were sent in by Steve Purcell. For more information, check out the article I wrote about the movie.

Comment by: turkotati @ 04:11, Friday, December 21, 2007
i've a webfan too, but in spanish, i'll comment it with my users and we'll to work adding information about Monkey Island. Greetings

Comment by: Ryback @ 23:56, Thursday, December 20, 2007
Information about fan projects is very welcome. I'm sure there will eventually be a whole category for fangames and the like.

Comment by: Fearless Flying Monkey @ 22:45, Thursday, December 20, 2007
I thought that the pictures that Schafer(I think) handed to worldofmi were unrelated to a MI movie when according to http://miwiki.net/LeChuck it is related to the movie. I would edit it but I'm not sure how to edit captures.

Comment by: Haggis @ 20:33, Thursday, December 20, 2007
Guys, if you spot errors or whatever, please don't hesitate to sign up with the wiki and correct them yourself. It's great fun, and really not that difficult! :D

Comment by: starwars threepwood @ 20:21, Thursday, December 20, 2007
Great, But it's STARBUCCANEERS not SWASHBUCCANEERS okay?
make sure you spell everything correctly, or people will get confused like me!
So great keep up the great work. Be sure to look at my fan art, i am due to have some more in at some point. You are so cool wikipedian people!

Comment by: turkotati @ 18:44, Thursday, December 20, 2007
Ah, can we put information about fan's proyects?

Comment by: turkotati @ 18:16, Thursday, December 20, 2007
wow!!!! happy 10 years WOfMI!!!!!

is a great idea, it has a lot of information

i will to comment it in my page with other Monkey Island's fans

congratulations and good job

I will try to help more that I could
Edited 1 time(s)

Comment by: BeeKay84 @ 17:42, Thursday, December 20, 2007
I think there is a little mistake in the article about the Lost Welshman. He's heading for Scabb Island, not Booty Island, stating there's still an opening for a chef there (probably at the Bloody Lip).
Edited 1 time(s)

Comment by: CaptainNiamhy @ 13:18, Thursday, December 20, 2007
OH GOD THIS IS AWESOME!

Oh guys this is just great!! Best Christmas present ever!!

Comment by: BeeKay84 @ 23:34, Wednesday, December 19, 2007
So that's what the book was all about!! Awesome idea! I read through many of the articles already, and they're great!! You guys ROCK!!!

There's one "prophecy" left to be fulfilled, right? In the "voodoo soup" on Paco's 10th Anniversairy picture, there was the book (Wiki), Ron's face (interview), Guybrush & Stan (Paco's MI1 comic), and a skull. What's with the skull? I'm so excited!!

Comment by: Gabez @ 23:17, Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Great idea and great work!

Comment by: Whitetea @ 23:11, Wednesday, December 19, 2007
wow o_o!

Comment by: Marley# @ 20:38, Wednesday, December 19, 2007
I love you all far too much to say i am straight. I love it

Comment by: HomerSimpson @ 19:36, Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Awesome work guys.
Slight mistake on EMI page though, it has two review sections.

Comment by: plunderbunny481 @ 18:30, Wednesday, December 19, 2007
OH MY GOD!!!
That's amazing!! You guys have really put in a lot of work and it looks GREAT!!! What a fun idea! I'm really looking forward to delving in!

Laudations, gentlemen!!

Comment by: Fearless Flying Monkey @ 18:14, Wednesday, December 19, 2007
This is really cool, I can tell that Hande has worked alot on it though, the wiki seems to be very pro CMI.

Comment by: shadow_judge @ 17:06, Wednesday, December 19, 2007
No, I myself don't like it.

Really.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

You guys are so great!!!!!!!!

© Copyright 1997-2017, The World of Monkey Island®. All rights reserved.